As an interior lead designer at LYCS Architecture, you will take the role of project leader and lead a team of 3-5 assistant designers and interns to participate in the completion of the entire design process of a project. Your direct report will be to the firm's partners and your work will be divided into three main sections: design management, project management and team development, as follows:
Playing a central role in the design process of the project you are responsible for, advancing the design work with the goal of achieving project requirements and long-term value, and delivering design deliverables with a degree of innovation, you will be responsible for the following:
- Accurate and comprehensive understanding of the owner's first needs and long-term values, and implementation into the design work;
- Under the guidance of the partners, design control of space, materials, lighting and other elements of interior design, leading the team to practice design ideas;
- We are involved in the whole process of design services to ensure that projects are delivered in a high quality manner by controlling the quality of the team's output.
- For interior hard furnishings and furnishingdesign integration projects, you will be involved in controlling the work of the furnishingdesign team.
As a project leader, you will be involved in liaising and communicating with clients, leading the team to realize creative innovations efficiently and with high quality, and ensuring that each project is realized on the ground with high quality. You will be responsible for the following:
- Participate in the development of project time schedules in collaboration with the project manager and participate in estimating the staff and time commitment required for the project;
- Leading the team to complete the design work step by step by rationalizing the daily work of assistant designers;
- Responsible for liaison and communication with clients, including project presentations and research discussions;
- Responsible for coordinating the work of other cooperating design units and following the implementation of key design decisions;
- Regularly inspect the construction site, provide professional guidance to the owner and the builder with the goal of project landing quality, and maintain good and effective communication with all units involved in the project;
- Submit design results that meet the design depth requirements of the project site according to its specifications and government and owner requirements on time;
- Actively practice the company's project management process and work with the project manager to ensure the project progresses steadily.
As the leader of the team, you will need to pay attention to the working status and growth changes of each designer in the team, and be responsible for the development of the design team together with the partners, you will be responsible for the following matters:
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each designer in the team, help them set personal growth goals based on their own characteristics, and keep a real-time eye on their growth and changes.
- Provide appropriate opportunities for the growth of team designers to exercise their abilities as the design progresses, and give them the adequate guidance they need during the process;
We need you to meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree or above in architecture, environmental art or interior design related majors; 985, 211 or with foreign study background is preferred;
- 5 years or more professional work experience, with strong project quality control and engineering experience;
- Strong sense of responsibility, good team management and project management skills; good verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about design, with a strong reserve of professional knowledge, program modeling and communication skills;
- Specialized in interior design of office, commercial and hotel public buildings, with experience in designing large commercial spaces is preferred.
LYCS Architecture, founded in 2011, is a well-known and diversified design firm named the Best Innovative Design Firm in BUILD Magazine and was selected as one of ArchDaily's Top 10 Avant-garde Design Firms in China. We are committed to providing innovative and professional design for how people work and live in high-density cities with a fun and exploratory attitude. With a team of over 100 members and offices in Hangzhou and Hong Kong, we provide a full range of design services to clients in over 40 cities.
Our design team has over 100 members in different positions, such as design, management, and research. They graduated from Harvard University, Princeton University, Tsinghua University, and other well-known institutions in China and abroad, with an international perspective and rich local design experience. New designers can quickly grow and acquire technical skills with our "genes" through internships, new entry promotion programs, and a comprehensive training system. We create and adhere to a culture of side-by-side, truth-seeking, self-reflection, and creativity.