As the lead designer of the LYCS Architecturearchitectural team, you will take on the role of project leader, leading a team of 2-4 people and advancing the design work under the guidance of a partner or design director. Your work is divided into three main parts: design management, project management, and team development, as follows:
Playing a major role in the design process of the project you are responsible for, with the goal of achieving the first requirement and long-term value of the project, advancing the design work and completing the design deliverables, you will be responsible for the following:
- Accurate and comprehensive understanding of the owner's first needs and long-term values, and implementation into the design work;
- Participate in the full process of design services to ensure that projects are delivered in a high quality manner by controlling the quality of the team's output;
- Play a major role in the design process, focusing on overcoming key difficulties in design advancement;
- Responsible for the overall design and control of the project at the level of materials, nodes and other landing effects;
- Responsible for the scheduling and delivery of work for all phases and cycles of the project;
- Propose design solutions for key design elements such as shape, elevation, and spatial structure, and lead the team to realize the ideas.
As a project leader, lead the team to realize ideas efficiently and with high quality, and ensure quality implementation of each project. You will be responsible for the following:
- Follow up all responsible projects in real time and play a major role in these projects;
- Participate in liaison communications with clients, including project presentation presentations and research discussions;
- Responsible for coordinating with other cooperating design units and advancing the implementation of key design decisions;
- Regularly inspecting construction sites and providing professional guidance, maintaining good and effective communication with all units at the construction site;
- Reasonable organization and coordination of the work of the team led;
- Submit design results that meet the design depth requirements on time according to the project location specifications and government and owner requirements.
You will need to focus on the growth of the assistant designers within the team and be responsible for the development of the design team in conjunction with the partners and design director, you will be responsible for the following:
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each assistant designer in the team and their personal growth goals, and provide guidance
- Provide appropriate opportunities for team assistant designers to grow during the design advancement process and give guidance during the process.
We need you to meet the following requirements:
- Majoring in architecture, bachelor degree or above; 985, 211 or with foreign study background is preferred;
- More than 5 years working experience and have complete experience in charge of public construction projects over 50,000 square meters, familiar with the design process and specifications;
- Excellent architectural aesthetic and stylistic skills, as well as corresponding architectural theoretical literacy, and good architectural presentation and expression skills;
- Good communication skills and understanding, with a strong sense of responsibility;
- Good teamwork skills and ability to execute projects and project coordination;
- Specialized in office, education and hotel public building design.
LYCS Architecture, founded in 2011, is a well-known and diversified design firm named the Best Innovative Design Firm in BUILD Magazine and was selected as one of ArchDaily's Top 10 Avant-garde Design Firms in China. We are committed to providing innovative and professional design for how people work and live in high-density cities with a fun and exploratory attitude. With a team of over 100 members and offices in Hangzhou and Hong Kong, we provide a full range of design services to clients in over 40 cities.
Our design team has over 100 members in different positions, such as design, management, and research. They graduated from Harvard University, Princeton University, Tsinghua University, and other well-known institutions in China and abroad, with an international perspective and rich local design experience. New designers can quickly grow and acquire technical skills with our "genes" through internships, new entry promotion programs, and a comprehensive training system. We create and adhere to a culture of side-by-side, truth-seeking, self-reflection, and creativity.